Tuesday, 2 March 2010

Get Well Soon Guru.

Guru, from Gang Starr, as a lot of you may have heard, has had a heart attack and is in a coma as a result. This is truly dreadful and shocking news, I'm sure you'll all agree, especially as Guru is only 43 years old.

Most recent development (as of 20.47 - 2nd March): he's had surgery, and the surgery has been successful, and he's in a medical induced coma. Get well soon brother.

While we wait for what I can only fervently hope is good news of a full and speedy recovery, here's one of my favourite ever Gang Starr tracks.



UPDATE (March 3rd 2010): Well, we all knew that Solar was a fucking awful producer, but I didn't know he was as shady as this.



(For those who haven't watched the vid - the upshot is that Solar has apparently kept Guru's family away from him, not telling them how he's doing and refusing to contact them with any information at all with whether he's alive or not... what a prick.)

AND the story gets thicker....

I wouldn't like to be Solar at this point in time.







(Bumpy Knuckles, for those who don't know, is Freddie Foxxx...last seen on this blog knocking seven bells out of some dude at Statik Selektah's album launch party).

Update: 4th March 2010

Guru: "I am doing fine and I am recovering!...I'm weak though ... I appreciate your well wishes and all the love."

2 comments:

  1. Poor guy. I had no idea this was happening. Something's got to be done soon. This Solar prick needs lynching. It's unbelievable.

    Justin sounds very similar to his Uncle, doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah man, I feel that. And yeah, he does sound pretty similar to Guru!

    ReplyDelete