Saturday, 26 September 2009

My Marvin Gaye Mixtape

This was a real labour of love. It's a mixtape of classic Marvin Gaye tracks, some well-known, some rare, some overlooked, some remixed, some alternate versions and a few blends (see videos).

As Marvin is possibly my favourite artist ever, this was a nervy thing for me to do, I wasn't confident doing it, but I think that now it's finished it's one of the things that I'm most proud of.

I Wanna Be Where You Are featuring Ghostface


After The Dance featuring Biggie


All the way through there are interviews and comments from Marvin that explain the music. It's an "audiobiograpy", according to Truth, which I quite like the sound of. AND it's now Akil from Jurassic 5's tour CD while he's travelling around, from what he said on Thursday when I met him briefly. Dope.

Here's the streaming zshare link:
Jimmy Green's Marvin Gaye Mixtape (2009)

...and here's the Sendspace link, with artwork.
Jimmy Green's Marvin Gaye Mixtape (2009)

And here's the cover... a rarity for me, a half decent cover on a CD, haha.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Comment if you enjoy it, and link to this post if you want to pass it on. Props!

7 comments:

  1. Loving this mate, niceone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woww good stuff jimbo, definitely spreading the love on this one:

    http://www.wreckthetapedeck.com/2009/friday-fun-links-16/

    check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Props people - nice one. Appreciate you checking it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jimbo. What an eycatcher. Love the 'audiobiography' concept. Have you got a tracklist?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost done with the mixtape and it's a banger. Kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. can you please post a tracklist?

    ReplyDelete
  7. SOOOO fresh.....Myself and that kid Matt Henshaw have been steaming up and down the M1 to this soundtrack....SICK !

    ReplyDelete